A club dedicated to you
One of the university's oldest societies, the hiking club predates the University of Manchester by several decades. In all that time, our goal has been to help everyone get into the great outdoors. We run weekly trips all over the UK, from Snowdonia and the Lakes to the Scottish Highlands, and frequent socials where you can meet like minded people.
We, as a society, are bond by formal rules enshrined in our Constitution. You can find there our aims and all kind of information on how the club is running. We also have an Equality Policy, made by the SU and enforced by our Inclusions Secretary.
Run with love by people (2017/18)
- Course: MSc Medical Imaging Science
- Vague Age: 24
- Spotted On Hike: Extreme back marking
- Favourite Mountain: Bruach na Frithe (Skye)
- Tipple: Baileys hot chocolate with all the trimmings
- Quote: "I was going to look at the map but I watched Dirty Dancing instead"
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course: Management
- Vague Age: 22
- Spotted On Hike: Out of breath, trying to keep up
- Favourite Mountain: Yet to find
- Tipple: Strongbow Darkfruit
- Contact: email@example.com
- Course: PhD neuroscience
- Vague Age: Photoshopped
- Spotted On Hike: slow while taking picutures; fast during boring weather
- Favourite Mountain: langdale to borrowdale
- Tipple: coconut water
- Quote: "it's not going to rain"
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course: Classics
- Vague Age: Turned out I wasn't gonna be nineteen forever
- Spotted On Hike: Hungover, potentially bedecked in glitter, and very possibly only recently emerged from the trashcan
- Favourite Mountain: Brokeback
- Tipple: Just one bottle of wine is never enough
- Quote: "Who said I wanted to grow old?"
- Contact: email@example.com
- Favourite Mountain: Anything named after a Troll's bodyparts
- Quote: "have you ever been to Norway?"
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course: Mechatronics Engineering
- Vague Age: 21
- Spotted On Hike: In shorts, no matter the weather.
- Favourite Mountain: More of a Hill kind of guy
- Tipple: Cheap and Strong
- Quote: "No im seriously not cold"
- Contact: email@example.com
And a massive thanks to all the old gits who keep badgering us when something is not well done. Also, they are often here too help you
mastering some practical skills and ramble about their crazy personal life stories.